Join us for our 2017 Caregiver Cruise!
We'll be cruising to Bermuda, June 3-8, 2017!
We know it can be difficult to travel when your loved one has memory impairment, but we all still need a vacation! Caregivers are invited to come by themselves as a great way to vacation in the company of friends. Caregivers and a loved one in the early stages of memory impairment can also enjoy the cruise together!
Insight does all the planning – you just have to show up! Supervision will be provided during port excursions, and planned ship activities. Personal care assistance cannot be provided by Insight during the cruise. We can also help arrange for respite care at home, if needed.
- Anthem of the Seas, Royal Caribbean International
- Departing Bayonne, NJ on Saturday, June 3, 2017, return Thursday, June 8, 2017
- 5-night trip going to King’s Wharf, Bermuda
- Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony, includes two twin beds that convert to Royal King, sitting area with sofa, full bathroom and private balcony.
- Ship activities include RipCord by iFly skydiving experience, North Star glass capsule for a spectacular ocean view, Seaplex and Two70° venues, restaurants and bars, shopping, spa amenities, four pools, and a casino and disco.
Destination and Excursions
- King’s Wharf features shops and museums in the Royal Naval Dockyard, sailing in Hamilton Sound, the Bermuda Arts Center and Craft market, and a snorkel park and water-sport facility.
- Planned excursions include a Glass Bottom Boat Tour, and Island Sightseeing Tour of Bermuda.
- All-inclusive rate of $2000 per person, based on double occupancy.
- $500 deposit due January 31, 2017.
- Price includes cruise, taxes, gratuity, excursions, and private coach transportation to and from Insight to Bayonne, NJ. Drinks and incidentals are not included.
Please talk to Christi Clark at 703-204-4664 or email@example.com.
Want to learn more about supporting the Caregiver Cruise? Become a Cruise Contributor!
Insight Memory Care Center offers families a safe and supportive way to vacation!
We can all use a vacation, but what about traveling when your loved one has dementia? It can certainly be difficult, and that’s why Insight Memory Care Center offers a Caregiver Cruise! Both the individual with a dementia diagnosis and their caregiver can attend, making the program possibly the first of its kind in the country. In addition to the many benefits a cruise offers – the chance for a vacation, seeing new sights, a getaway – the caregiver cruise provides caregivers and families with a chance to vacation in a safe and supportive environment.
“It is a ‘safe space’ in which we can be ourselves…in the company of people—participants and Insight staff—who just ‘get it’,” says Michael Bell, a previous cruise participant.
Insight’s first Caregiver Cruise was offered in 2015. We sailed aboard the Grandeur of the Seas down to the Bahamas, allowing 8 couples to enjoy Port Canaveral, Nassau, CocoCay, and Key West. In June 2016 we took another 8 couples on our second annual cruise to New England and Halifax! Families enjoyed sightseeing in Boston, Portland, St. John’s, and Halifax.