We'll be cruising to Bermuda, June 3-8, 2017!
We know it can be difficult to travel when your loved one has memory impairment, but we all still need a vacation! Caregivers are invited to come by themselves as a great way to vacation in the company of friends. Caregivers and a loved one in the early stages of memory impairment can also enjoy the cruise together. Insight does all the planning – you just have to show up!
In addition to the many benefits a cruise offers – the chance for a vacation, seeing new sights, a getaway – the caregiver cruise provides caregivers and families with a chance to vacation in a safe and supportive environment.
“It is a ‘safe space’ in which we can be ourselves…in the company of people—participants and Insight staff—who just ‘get it’,” says Michael Bell, a previous cruise participant.
Insight’s first Caregiver Cruise was offered in 2015. We sailed aboard the Grandeur of the Seas down to the Bahamas, allowing 8 couples to enjoy Port Canaveral, Nassau, CocoCay, and Key West. In June 2016 we took another 8 couples on our second annual cruise to New England and Halifax! Families enjoyed sightseeing in Boston, Portland, St. John’s, and Halifax.
2017 Travel Details
- Anthem of the Seas, Royal Caribbean International
- Departing Bayonne, NJ on Saturday, June 3, 2017, return Thursday, June 8, 2017
- 5-night trip going to King’s Wharf, Bermuda
- Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony, includes two twin beds that convert to Royal King, sitting area with sofa, full bathroom and private balcony.
- Ship activities include RipCord by iFly skydiving experience, North Star glass capsule for a spectacular ocean view, Seaplex and Two70° venues, restaurants and bars, shopping, spa amenities, four pools, and a casino and disco.
Destination and Excursions
- King’s Wharf features shops and museums in the Royal Naval Dockyard, sailing in Hamilton Sound, the Bermuda Arts Center and Craft market, and a snorkel park and water-sport facility.
- Planned excursions include a Glass Bottom Boat Tour, and Island Sightseeing Tour of Bermuda.
Many Thanks to our Cruise Contributors!
Please talk to Christi Clark at 703-204-4664 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to learn more about supporting the Caregiver Cruise? Become a Cruise Contributor!