The adult day health center is currently operating in a limited in-person capacity. Please contact Katelyn at 703-204-4664 or email@example.com for more information about the program.
Insight Memory Care Center’s adult day health center provides a safe, engaging, and therapeutic environment for people with memory impairment throughout the stages of the disease. It is the only dementia-specific day center in the DC metro area and still the only adult day health center in Northern Virginia with programs for people in the later stages of a memory impairment.
The Day Center is open Monday through Friday, 7:30 am to 5:30 pm. Participants can attend from two to five days a week, and for the hours that work best for their schedules. Our participants thrive on a structured daily program, so unfortunately we cannot accept drop-in requests. The Day Center offers:
- A secure and safe environment
- Staff ratio that exceeds state licensure requirements
- Structured activities on regularly scheduled days of attendance
- Highly trained, multi-lingual staff
- Health monitoring and medication management by nursing staff
- Assistance with personal care, including mealtime and incontinence care
- Individualized participant care plan with goals
- Person-centered programming and activities
- Physical therapy and exercise program
- Two meals and two snacks offered daily
- Assistance with arranging low-cost transportation, if needed
- Financial assistance available
- A warm and loving environment with friends!
Levels of Care
At Insight, we prioritize providing person-centered care. From initial Participant Lifestyle Biographies to updated quarterly care plans, we use each participant’s likes, dislikes, strengths, and interests to plan programming that best fit their current needs. Our Day Center is divided into three levels of care: Blue, Orange, and Coral.
Blue Group: Early to Mid Stages
The Blue Group offers a variety of activities that encourage peer support and socialization in a small group setting. These activities are offered as small group and one-on-one options to provide choices based on individual interests.
- Staff Ratio: 1 to 5
- Insight Assessment Score: 0 - 6
- Participants benefit from cueing, reminders, supervision, medication management (if needed), and may need a one person assist.
- Many program elements (cognitive engagement, creative expression, movement, reflection, and social engagement) are utilized to create structured activities that meet the interests and cognitive abilities of individuals in this stage.
- Small group programs and one-on-one options provide participants with choices based on individual interests.
- Programming in this group is created and designed with a goal to increase the individual’s levels of stimulation and participation.
Orange Group: Moderate Stages
The Orange Group offers activities that promote a sense of purpose and connectedness to other participants. Favorite activities are modified and adapted as needed to provide enjoyment for each participant and the group.
- Staff Ratio: 1 to 4
- Insight Assessment Score: 7 - 15
- Participants benefit from regular cueing, hands-on ADL care: eating and toileting (continence care), increased psychosocial redirection, behavioral interventions, medication management (if needed), and may need a one person assist.
- Many program elements (cognitive engagement, creative expression, movement, reflection and social engagement) are utilized to create structured activities that meet the interests and cognitive abilities of the individuals in this stage. Additional sensory programs are added.
- Music is used regularly through music therapy and the Music and Memory Program.
- Adaptive programming is used, with a focus of engagement over a final product or completing the task.
Coral Group: Moderate to Late Stages
The Coral Group provides individualized attention in a calm and relaxing environment. Programming is personalized to enable stimulation and engagement through sensory based activities.
- Staff Ratio: 1 to 3
- Insight Assessment Score: 16 +
- Participants benefit from hands-on to total care with all ADLs including ambulation, motility, transfers, eating, toileting (continence care), medication management (if needed), and may need a one to two person assist. If appropriate, palliative care and hospice elements can be incorporated.
- This program is smaller and sensory-driven to focus on individual therapeutic goals of care. The Multi-Sensory Environment, Music and Memory, and other sensory-based interventions and therapies are features of this program.
- The group is limited to 12 per day to provide individualized attention.
- Individual programming is geared to each participant’s ability and tolerance, to increase stimulation or promote a soothing environment.
Get to Know Us
We are happy to give you a tour of the center, anytime during our regular business hours. Please call us at 703-204-4664 or email Stephanie Houpt, Program Director, to set up a convenient time! You can also take a look at our Virtual Tour to learn more.
Our Adult Day Health Center is licensed by the Virginia Department of Social Services. Insight holds a three-year license, the highest level in Virginia. We strive to consistently exceed licensure requirements in an effort to provide optimum, individualized care for our day health center participants. View our record.
Holidays and Closures
Insight typically honors federal holidays. IMCC may be closed additional days for staff training, which are published in our yearly calendar.
Insight follows Fairfax County Public Schools with regards to weather related closures. When Fairfax County schools are closed because of inclement weather, Insight Memory Care Center will be closed. If Fairfax County schools have a late opening, Insight will open on time.
Day center fees are charged on a monthly basis, based on the number of days attended per week, and level of care. A chart outlines our current monthly fees below:
|Monthly Fee||Blue Group||Orange Group||Coral Group|
|2 days per week||$1310||$1410||$1505|
|3 days per week||$1835||$1980||$2110|
|4 days per week||$2360||$2540||$2715|
|5 days per week||$2755||$2965||$3160|
For those who have difficulty meeting the cost of care, the Board has established the Financial Assistance Fund with the goal that no one is turned away for lack of funds to pay for services. Please contact us for more information, and a financial assistance application.
Want to Learn More?
"We participate in as many educational, support and social activities as possible which have given us hope, knowledge, strength, and friendships. So many wonderful activities help us navigate through a very challenging time in our lives. I really don't think I could keep my husband at home if it weren't for IMCC."