Friends of Insight supports Insight through development, volunteerism, and advocacy to maintain and build relationships through social activities. Friends of Insight members are families that have or had a loved one with a diagnosis of dementia and have a connection to Insight Memory Care Center. This connection could be through attending any of Insight’s programs and services.
Friends of Insight meet regularly to discuss current ways to help out and catch up with Insight friends. Group meetings are currently being held virtually. Please contact Michael Bell, Friends of Insight President, for information on upcoming meetings.
Friends of Insight support our center in many ways. There is no specific commitment; we invite you to volunteer as much or as little as you are able and in ways that work best for you. Volunteer activities could include:
- Introducing new people, organizations, or corporations to Insight.
- Attending and/or inviting guests to our fundraising events, Paintings & Pairings or the Legacy Breakfast.
- Representing Insight at health or community fairs.
- Becoming trained as a support group co-facilitator or caregiving mentor.
- Connecting and engaging with other current and former Insight family members.
- Attending meetings to brainstorm new opportunities for Insight!
Friends of Insight also have fun together! The group plans regular social outings as a way to stay connected with others who have been on a similar journey.
Interested? Please contact Robin McGlothin at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to learn more about joining the group.