Insight Memory Care Center offers free, confidential memory screenings and educational materials to people with concerns about their memory or who want to check their memory now for future comparison. The best part – memory screenings are now being held virtually, so you can perform this simple evaluation from the comfort of home!
Who would benefit from a memory screening?
Memory screenings make sense for anyone:
- who is concerned about memory loss or experiencing warning signs of dementia
- whose family and friends have noticed changes in them
- who believe they are at risk due to a family history of Alzheimer’s disease or a related illness.
Screenings also are appropriate for anyone who does not have a concern right now, but who wants to see how their memory is now and for future comparisons.
Still not sure if a screening makes sense for you?
If you answer “yes” to any of these questions, you might benefit from a memory screening:
- Am I becoming more forgetful?
- Do I have trouble concentrating?
- Do I have difficulty performing familiar tasks?
- Do I have trouble recalling words or names in conversation?
- Do I sometimes forget where I am or where I am going?
- Have family or friends told me that I am repeating questions or saying the same thing over and over again?
- Am I misplacing things more often?
- Have I become lost when walking or driving?
- Have my family or friends noticed changes in my mood, behavior, personality, or desire to do things?
Ok, so I have the screening - what happens next?
The memory screening is a simple and safe evaluation tool that checks memory and thinking skills. It is not a diagnosis, but can indicated whether an additional check-up by a qualified healthcare professional is needed. Many also like to save their evaluation results for future comparison.
To schedule an appointment for a memory screening, please contact Lindsey Vajpeyi at email@example.com or call 703-204-4664.